2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb • 1/3 cup water 2 tbsp and 4½ tsp sugar (separately) • 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream 3 tbsp and 1 tsp strawberry gelatin (separately) • 14 ladyfingers, split ¼ tsp vanilla extract • 1 tsp cornstarch • 1 tsp cold water 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- In a small saucepan, bring the rhubarb, water and 2 tablespoons sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate 1/3 cup rhubarb liquid for glaze.
- Place rhubarb and remaining liquid in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until sti
peaks form. Fold whipped cream into rhubarb mixture.
- Arrange half of the ladyfingers on the bottom of an ungreased 6-in. springform pan. Spread half of the rhubarb mixture into pan. Arrange remaining ladyfingers over rhubarb mixture; carefully spread with remaining rhubarb mixture. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Transfer reserved rhubarb liquid to a small saucepan; stir in remaining sugar. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spread over rhubarb layer. Arrange strawberry slices over glaze. Remove sides of pan.